Thursday, February 23, 2012

Alfredo Sauce

I could not believe how fast and how good this was! I am going to have to double the recipe next time because my girls just scarfed it down!

1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
1 pkg cream cheese (you can use low fat to make this a low fat recipe)
2 cups of milk (approx.)
2 tsp. garlic
dash of salt
pepper to taste
1 6oz pkg shredded Parmesan cheese

Melt the butter in a non stick saucepan. After it's melted, add the pkg of cream cheese. When the cream cheese starts getting soft, add the milk a little at a time until all the lumps of cream cheese are gone. I really like garlic so I added a little more than 2 tsp but you can add what you want. I also didn't add the salt or pepper to mine, but again, just a preference. After this add the whole pkg of Parmesan cheese. This should thicken up as it sits. If it doesn't seem thick enough to you, just cook it longer.
You can add shrimp, chicken, or nothing at all. Mix in whatever noodles you prefer to use and Enjoy!



0 comments:

Post a Comment